Cystic Fibrosis

FAQs & Resources


What can I expect during a clinic visit?
After you check in, a nurse will check your height, weight, and vital signs and place you in a private room. You or your child (if old enough) will be asked to perform a pulmonary function test. This will be followed by assessments with CF team members.

How long will my clinic visit take?
CF clinic visits are longer than your usual doctor visits because you are seen by members of the multidisciplinary care team. Please allow 2 to 4 hours for each visit.

Who can I call for after-hours questions or emergencies?
Call 503-652-2880 and ask for CF provider on call to be paged.

If you are sick, need urgent medical attention, and cannot reach someone by phone, please go to your nearest Kaiser Permanente urgent care or emergency room, and ask for the CF provider on call to be paged.

Is there a lab or pharmacy on site?
Yes, the East Interstate Pharmacy and Lab are in the same building as the CF Center:
3550 N. Interstate Ave., first floor
Portland, OR 97227

Pharmacy Hours:
7 days a week, including holidays
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Phone Numbers:
Mail Order: 1-800-548-9809
East Interstate Pharmacy: 1-866-279-6122

Lab Hours:
Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Phone Number:

Do I have to see the social worker or registered dietitian at every visit?
Our patients with CF must be evaluated by our social worker and nutritionist at least once a year. Our patients are seen by our social worker and nutritionist during clinic visits based on assessment and patient needs. These staff members are also available between visits via phone.

Where can I find out more about CF?
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is the best place to start to get to know more about CF. You can find them at PORT CF is also a good resource for families, patients, and medical providers to see all data collected from CF care centers nationally. Please visit here to create an account.

Where can I find out about research in the field of CF?
CF research is an ever-changing landscape, and the best place to find out about the latest updates is on the CF Foundation website ( under the “Research” heading.


Financial Assistance

Financial Assistance for Vitamins/Supplements

  • If you are prescribed Zenpep, please visit for financial assistance on vitamins and nutritional supplements.
  • If you are prescribed Creon, please visit for financial assistance on vitamins and nutritional supplements.



Forms or Questions

Please contact your CF social worker at 503-249-6735:

  • For any travel letters, school letters, 504 plans, or medication forms
  • For more information on patient assistance programs
  • If you or your family has any questions